Req Id: 258635
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we’re revolutionizing how Canadians communicate.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values bold ideas, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
The Bell Media team creates and delivers the best Canadian and international content across our digital media, television, radio, and out-of-home advertising platforms. We’re looking for innovative team players ready to take some of the most well-known entertainment brands in the country to the next level.
Position: Chase Producer, CTV News Ottawa, Bell Media
Location: 100 Queen Street, Ottawa
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week. Overtime as required
- Generating and chase producing interesting, original show ideas and current story ideas and angles for Power Play & CTV News Channel
- Writing scripts and assisting in creating the lineup for Power Play and News Channel
- Ability to cultivate contacts and solidify exclusive interviews for the show on a regular basis
- Field producing taped segments and live remotes
- Offering creative input into all levels of production (incl. creation, editing and packaging)
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience covering breaking news
- Proven ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- In-depth knowledge of Canadian politics, domestic/international news and current affairs
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong writing skills
- Strong chasing skills are essential for this position
- Experience in producing live and recorded programming
- Proficient in iNews
- Experience with posting on Social Media platforms
- Exceptional communication skills
- French language skills an asset
- Demonstrated ability to originate coverage on developing stories
- Experience using video to tell stories
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at email@example.com.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Position Type: Non Management
Job Status: Regular – Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Ottawa
Application Deadline: 07/28/2020