The CoVivre program aims to improve communication and support for marginalized communities during the COVID-19 pandemic. The program is funded by the Family Foundation Trottier.
The severe confinement established in Quebec during the first wave of COVID has limited the impact of this pandemic. However, the impact of confinement and COVID have not been experienced fairly in society. Marginalized populations have been more affected by the infection and the challenges of containment and less reached by traditional communication channels. In order to better address the impact of a second wave of COVID in Montreal, the city that has been the most affected by COVID in Canada, the CoVivre program aims to better protect and support affected communities in the face of this pandemic.
Job description and main functions
The candidate will be under the supervision of the CoVivre coordinator and two of its main researchers, Dr. Sarah Gallagher (Professor at Western University and co-founder of CanCOVID network) and Dr. Cécile Rousseau (Professor in the Department of Psychiatry at McGill University).
The main tasks will be adjusted according to the progress of the project and consist of the development and deployment of activities mainly related to the communication component, as well as the advocacy and awareness component of CoVivre. The person will also be responsible for activities related to mobilization and knowledge transfer. Finally, the tasks also consist of liaising with CoVivre’s partners, including the collaborating communications agency.
Job responsibilities will include:
- Designing original visual and written content for the various publications and adapting materials to the appropriate medium (including infographics, policy briefs, reports, press releases, etc.).
- Managing the posting and broadcasting of communications on various online platforms.
- Coordinating an anti-racism campaign and liaising with partners, including a communications agency and community organizations.
- Ensuring the execution and follow-up of various files related to advocacy for affected groups and the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Contributing to the implementation of mechanisms supporting the sharing and dissemination of tools and updated information (mobilization and transfer of knowledge).
- Co-organizing press conferences and media advisories, and coordinating media interviews.
- Carrying out specific mandates assigned by the coordinator or the two principal researchers in collaboration with CoVivre partners.
- Any other task as needed.
Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline (communication, marketing, public relations) or social sciences/biomedical sciences with experience in knowledge transfer.
Knowledge of social media (Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, TikTok).
Knowledge of graphics / design tools.
Experience in coordinating projects and supporting partnerships.
Experience in the health and social services and/or in community networks.
Experience in media relations.
Strong ability to build trust-based relationships.
Creativity and knowledge or interest in the individuals or families living in precarious situations or with a history of immigration.
Essential qualities: Diplomacy, reliability, flexibility, and initiative.
Strong writing skills in communication and collaboration.
Strong sense of planning and organization.
Ability to work in a team and autonomously.
Bilingualism (French and English) spoken and written required.
Proficiency in the Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and knowledge of Adobe Creative (Photoshop/Illustrator/InDesign/Adobe XD)
Employment status: temporary assignment of one year
Schedule: 21h/week, negotiable (usually weekday, but occasionally evening).
Salary: according to experience and the standards in effect at the Research Institute – MUHC.
Location: CLSC de Parc-Extension. During the pandemic period, the candidate will partially be working remotely and partially at the office.
Starting date: as soon as possible
To submit your application: Send your resume and a cover letter by September 15, 2020 to the attention of Emmanuelle Bolduc, CoVivre Coordinator email@example.com
Thank you for your interest in the CoVivre program. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Interviews may take place before the end of the posting.