CBC News is at the forefront of local digital and broadcast journalism in Montreal.
At CBC Montreal, we gather, produce and broadcast news in Quebec for CBC Radio,CBC Television and CBC.CA/Montreal.
We are currently seeking two interns: One for the Fall 2020 session, and one for the Winter 2021 session.
Each intern will be given the opportunity to gain practical experience at CBC News in Montreal. Specifically, each intern will work as a junior member of the CBC News desk team and will learn to gather information, fact check, pitch stories, and take part in the broadcast production of stories. This internship is a REMOTE internship, as much of our teams are also working from home. There will be meetups via hangout and you will be paired with a mentor throughout this internship.
Internship Application Process
• Letter of intent from the student. Why you want this position–what you will bring to the position–and how will you benefit.
• Two written samples of your work
• One audio or visual sample of your work.
Application Deadline: September 14th, 2020 (at midnight)
There is also an interview at CBC as part of the process. This will be done REMOTELY
• 160 hours of for-credit service. Approximately 16 hours per week for 10 weeks in CBC News Montreal. This amounts to 3 credits at Concordia.
• Note – Students undertaking these internships are not excused from classes or other courses
• This internship is offered under the Jour 450: Journalism Practicum course,
for a total of three credits. Students must obtain departmental approval to enroll in this program.
Candidate Selection Criteria
• Third year Journalism student
• Curious and critical thinker
• Passionate about journalism
• Strong work ethic: meeting deadlines, attention to detail, dedication, initiative, team player
• Strong writing and broadcasting skills
• Excellent digital skills
• Bilingual, English and French.
As this is a remote internship, candidates do not need to be in Montreal during the internship
Please email applications to email@example.com
Internship coordinator at CBC Montreal