Company: Reader’s Digest
Category: Paid Internship
Job: Reader’s Digest Editorial Internship
Deadline to apply: April 20, 2018, at 5 pm
Duration: 12 weeks
The Reader’s Digest editorial intern must be a skilled writer and editor with knowledge of
SEO. Reporting to the associate editor, the editorial intern will craft some magazine
content (letters, jokes), work with editors to learn fact-checking skills, adapt magazine
content for the website, pitch and write short articles and source suitable art to accompany
editorial (photos, illustrations).
• Candidates must be enrolled in the Department of Journalism at Concordia University, and a current student during the summer of 2018.
**Note: Students finishing their last 15 credits this term (Jan – Apr 2018) and graduating are not eligible to apply.
• Demonstrated expertise in writing and developing quality print and digital content
• Familiar working with a CMS (Content Management System)
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to work under tight deadlines
• Knowledge of Photoshop and InDesign
• Knowledge of SEO
• Capacity for strategic thinking and content planning
• Knowledge of Canadian Press Style
• HTML skills an asset
Please send the following to Dr David Secko at email@example.com
- One page cover letter outlining your interest in the internship;
- A two-page resume that highlights your journalism experience and key
publications and/or editorial experience.
For more information:
Shortlisted candidates may be invited to an interview and/or asked to complete an editorial test.
- YAJA 2018
- CTV News – Unpaid – internship in Montreal
- Rail Canada Media Relation Internship
- Short term Radio Canada (RAD) internship
- Formula One Magazine Internship
- Summer and Semester Internship Opportunities with the Washington Center
- CFC Student Internship Program
- Summer 2018 internship – Discourse Media
- Pro Soccer Team Media Director