Company: The Vocalist Magazine: “The Ripple Effect”
Location: Head Office – The Vocalist Magazine (Montreal)
Deadline to apply: June 3rd, 2018
Duration: 12 weeks
In partnership with The Vocalist Magazine, “The Ripple Effect” is a new talk show which aims to provide insight into the music industry for aspiring artists and music industry professionals. Five episodes will be filmed each week, released Monday through Friday, one per day. Each episode will feature a new guest. The writer intern will write the script for the talk show, compose questions for the guests, write intros and outros, and work with the researcher to ensure material is relevant and appropriate for the talk show. This is an excellent chance to be apart of an exciting initial concept and to be able to define and grow it.
- Work with the researcher on the overall material of the talk show
- Come up with different topics and themes for each episode
- Compose questions for the guests, based on information given to you by the researcher
- Work with the producer, host and the rest of the team to ensure alignment with objectives and vision
- Currently working on or finishing post-secondary diploma/degree in communications, writing, journalism, media, music business or related area of study;
- Proven experience and examples of writing, compositions, blog posts, etc.
- Ability to prioritize tasks in a time-sensitive environment, meet deadlines, and ensure high-quality results are delivered with a strong attention to detail;
- Ability to quickly digest, reframe, and condense material
- Ability to write clear, fact-based, and “to-the-point” script, appropriate for an educational program
- Ability to work effectively with others towards a common objective
- MUST HAVE both knowledge of music and a passion for music, plus a desire to work in the music/entertainment industry
- MUST BE fluent in English
- Experience in journalism and/or working with the media sector is preferred but not mandatory;
- Any experience in the music industry is preferred but not mandatory
- Available to work 2 full days per week
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday, May 27, 2018, at 11:59 p.m. EST. The application should highlight journalism projects, studies, expertise and, if applicable, experience working in and/or with publications or television organizations. You will be contacted for an interview if applicable.
Any questions call: (514) 572-3826