Are you passionate about story telling? Do you have a creative eye? The Global Television News Department has a freelance opportunity for a Videojournaist located in Montreal.
Division: Global News
Work Status: Casual
About the Role:
Reporting to the Managing Editor at Global Montreal, the following is a paraphrase of the primary functions, but does not outline all of the duties and responsibilities that may be assigned to this position:
The following is a paraphrase of the primary functions and does not outline all of the duties and responsibilities for this position:
• Shoot and produce quality visual material for various programs;
• Edit video and audio into quality news, sports and current affairs stories on a digital platform in the newsroom or at remote locations;
• Edit stories in a creative and technically accurate manner;
• Gather information from news source for anchor voice overs and stories;
• Responsible for shooting visuals and providing audio for remote live segments;
• Maintain the camera and editing equipment;
• Playback stories from news edit suites or remote locations;
• Responsible for safely operating and maintaining a company vehicle;
• Transfer feed tapes to edit packs or work reel stories from other news services for use on air or for storage;
• Help maintain a reliable archival system and collaborate with editorial staff in seeking out video archives within the network system;
What We Need From You:
• Demonstrated ability to “ask the tough questions”
• Bilingual in English and French
• Demonstrated ability to shoot video and audio using broadcast video equipment
• Demonstrated understanding of the rules and concepts of video recording.
• Maintain camera, equipment and vehicle and operate safely
• Demonstrated ability to create, curate and develop content using digital operating systems for multiple platforms.
• Ability to work independently.
• Must work well under pressure and have a positive can-do attitude.
• Ability to meet strict daily deadlines, and work co-operatively with others in a dynamic teamwork environment.
• Must possess a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record.
• Ability to adapt to rapidly changing technology and workflows
• Experience in updating online and broadcast content with a content management system.
If You Have the Following….We Want to Hear From You!
• An ability to work independently
• A knack for thinking on your feet under pressure
• A positive can do attitude
Strong organizational skills, initiative, punctuality, creativity, and a positive attitude are also required. Candidates must be able to work under stress to meet tight deadlines and available to work a variety of shifts including early mornings, evenings and weekends.
How to Apply
Please email your resume and cover letter to GlobalMontrealCareers@corusent.com. Please clearly indicate Casual Videojournalist in the subject line.
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation we will work with you to meet your needs.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.