Company: Citynews – Rogers
Job: Video Journalist
Deadline to apply: N/A
Duration: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Citynews is looking for a next-level journalist capable of using traditional and non-traditional mediums to provide industry-leading local news coverage. Reporting to the Regional Supervising Producer, News, the Video Journalist will demonstrate exceptional reporting skills while producing compelling stories that will make people talk, for web, television and other media platforms.
We are launching the expansion of our Citytv news programming across the country, to deliver compelling locally relevant content to Canadians. As an experienced News professional, you know what content our viewers want and how to deliver compelling stories. As a proven innovator, you know how to emphasise creativity over tradition.
- Gathers and verifies factual information regarding stories through interview, observation, and research
- Shoots and edits video material for news coverage
- Organizes material and writes engaging, relevant and concise news stories under tight deadlines according to prescribed editorial style and format standards
- Presents scripted and unscripted coverage live on-air and on other media platforms from remote locations and/or in-studio environment
- Generates compelling story ideas and knowledgeable contacts and responds to breaking news situations quickly and accurately
- Generates compelling multi-media content for Citynews.ca
- Be fluent in social media trends with a personal Twitter account and the knowledge to use it to generate stories and ideas
- Minimum of 2 years proven experience generating powerful, credible original content
- Proven experience operating a video camera and editing to deadlines is an asset.
- Relevant degree / diploma from a recognized post-secondary institution
- A person who relentlessly pursues a story beyond the headline
- A person who’s not afraid to push for answers
- A person who truly understands multi-platform coverage and doesn’t feel bound by the confines of a typical Television reporter package
- A person who won’t let a dead end stop them from producing a compelling story
- Excellent knowledge of the cultural and political landscape of Montreal
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven ability to work well in a team environment
- Must be able to multi-task and deliver under tight deadlines
- Ability to be flexible in a changing work environment
- WEEKEND SHIFTS
For more information:
We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You can also reach out to our team at RogersRecruiting@rci.rogers.com to begin a conversation about your individual accessibility needs throughout the hiring process.
At Rogers we,’re for supporting you on a journey to a rewarding career. Whether you’re a developer, an analyst, or a customer care consultant, Rogers is the place where ideas become reality. We embrace change, ad find ways to do better. And we deliver on that commitment by fostering an environment of passion and innovation for all people.
- Simplify and innovate
- Take ownership of the what and the how
- Equip people to succeed
- Execute with discipline and pride
- Talk straight, build trust, and over deliver