Company: The Vocalist Magazine: “The Ripple Effect”
Job: Video Editor
Location: Head Office – The Vocalist Magazine (Montreal)
Deadline to apply: June 3rd, 2018
Duration: 12 weeks
In partnership with The Vocalist Magazine, “The Ripple Effect” is a new talk show which aims to provide insight into the music industry for aspiring artists and music industry professionals. Five episodes will be filmed each week, released Monday through Friday, one per day. Each episode will feature a new guest. The video editor intern will edit the video for the talk show. This is an excellent chance to be apart of an exciting initial concept and to be able to define and grow it.
- Work with the producer and host on the overall visual direction
- Cut and edit video effectively, efficiently, and suitable for mainstream television
- Have a sense of “flow” in a conversation, be able to cut awkward moments, be comfortable with doing transitions within a talk show environment
- Edit and use footage from multiple cameras, and create a cohesive, flowing, and “easy-to-watch” product
- Able to cut marketing material, ads, trailers, social media formats, etc.
- Currently working on or finishing post-secondary diploma/degree in communications, writing, journalism, media, music business or related area of study;
- MUST HAVE experience and examples of cutting video for interviews, documentaries, talk show or other television formats.
- Ability to prioritize tasks in a time-sensitive environment, meet deadlines, and ensure high-quality results are delivered with a strong attention to detail;
- Ability to edit video with a high degree of quality, to be released for mainstream viewership
- Ability to work effectively with others towards a common objective
- Experience in journalism video editing and/or working with the media or entertainment sector is preferred but not mandatory;
- Available to work 2 full days per week (16 hours/week)
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday, May 27, 2018, at 11:59 p.m. EST. The application should highlight TV/Web projects, studies, expertise and, if applicable, experience working in and/or with television organizations. You will be contacted for an interview if applicable.
Any questions call: (514) 572-3826