Company: The Vocalist Magazine: “The Ripple Effect”
Location: Head Office – The Vocalist Magazine (Montreal)
Deadline to apply: June 3rd, 2018
Duration: 12 weeks
In partnership with The Vocalist Magazine, “The Ripple Effect” is a new talk show which aims to provide insight into the music industry for aspiring artists and music industry professionals. 5 episodes will be filmed each week, with one being released Monday through Friday. The researcher/coordinator intern will help find new guests, conduct research, as well as help organize and coordinate with the rest of the talk show team and guests. This is an excellent chance to be apart of an exciting initial concept and to be able to define and grow it.
- Find appropriate guests for the talk show
- Research upcoming guests
- Brief the host with relevant information on the guest
- Work with the writer in composing questions for the guests
- Help coordinate and liaison between guests and talk show team
- Currently working on or finishing post-secondary diploma/degree in communications, marketing, journalism, media, music business or related area of study;
- Experience in journalism and/or working with the media sector is preferred but not mandatory;
- Ability to prioritize tasks in a time-sensitive environment, meet deadlines, and ensure high-quality results are delivered with a strong attention to detail;
- Ability to conduct effective, relevant, and detailed research, highlighting key points and clearly communicating that information to others on the team, including the producer and host
- A passion for music and a desire to work in the music industry or media/entertainment
- Available to work 2 full days per week
Send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com by Sunday, May 27, 2018, at 11:59 p.m. EST. The application should highlight journalism projects, studies, expertise and, if applicable, experience working in and/or with publications or television organizations. You will be contacted for an interview if applicable.
The researcher/coordinator position is 1 of 3 internship positions on the team, which will help support the producer, host, and guests.