The HERMES Team (Équipe de recherche Habitudes de vie Et Recherches MultidisciplinairES) is currently looking to hire two research assistants who are studying journalism to support us in the production of a podcast and its dissemination. The selected candidates will be required to work in tandem in the realization of the project.
Description of the job
Under the supervision of coordinator and the Director of HERMES, the applicant will be responsible for the following tasks:
• Providing recommendations for the format and length of the podcast script;
• Participating in the writing and revisions of scripts in French and/or English;
• Recording and editing the podcast.
Profile of the applicant
The applicant should fit the following profile:
• Second or third year undergraduate student or master’s student in journalism, with knowledge of podcasts and social media;
• Have an excellent command of written English and French;
• Proven rigour, thoroughness, and attention to details;
• Proven autonomy and time management skills;
• Proven ability to adapt tone and content to the targeted audience;
• Asset: Knowledge in the fields of gambling and addictions.
Schedule: Contract consisting of approximately 50 hours of work over 3-4 months with regular deadlines
Salary: according to current collective agreement at Concordia University
Start date: Between September 3 and 15, 2019
Work place: Concordia University – Research Chair on Gambling Studies, 2070 Mackay Street, Montreal
Please submit by email your cover letter and curriculum vitae by August 26, 2019, with Research assistant in the subject line to:
Eva Best: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
For more details on our projects and publications, please visit our website: https://www.concordia.ca/research/lifestyle-addiction/teams/hermes.html