Brunswick News is recruiting for a full-time reporter position (within collective agreement) at the Telegraph-Journal.
As a reporter, you have a keen sense for news, an eagerness to break stories and a clean, clear writing style. Our reporters quickly immerse themselves in assignments, thoroughly researching and reporting news and feature stories to deadlines from minutes to days away.
We are seeking a dynamic and career-driven team player to join our
award-winning team in Saint John, New Brunswick.
● Pitch, report and write stories for online and print
● Verify news and other copy for accuracy
● Arrange and conduct interviews as part of research and for print/multimedia
● University or college-level studies in journalism or a related field.
● Previous newsroom experience.
● A clean, clear writing style and a demonstrated ability to produce detailed, accurate work under tight deadlines.
● Working knowledge of, and experience in using, social media.
● Highly developed organizational skills — able to multi-task, particularly in high-stress situations.
● An excellent command of the English language; fluency in spoken and written French would be a definite asset.
● Photography and videography skills are also an asset.
● A sound understanding of media law.
● A valid driver’s licence.
What we offer:
● Competitive wages
● Regular training and development opportunities
● Employee Family Assistance Program
● Health, drug and dental benefits
● Life insurance
● Fitness and weight management reimbursements
● Challenging, meaningful work
Brunswick News is Atlantic Canada’s most dynamic media group, providing a comprehensive package of live news and information to readers throughout New Brunswick. Our network of media outlets include TelegraphJournal.com, New Brunswick’s three daily newspapers, more than a dozen smaller-market newspapers, flyer distribution services, and an online recruitment site.
If interested please email your resume, cover letter and clippings, to email@example.com by Dec. 28. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.