Category: Website/Social Content
Job: Junior Video Editor
Remuneration: Paid, based on experience
Location: Montreal (Plateau area)
Deadline to apply: ASAP
Duration: Permanent part-time (20 hrs/wk)
AskMen is looking for an ambitious, socially-minded video editor to come aboard and make well-informed videos that will help our audience discover the latest and greatest products as they’re developed and released.
The ideal candidate is a fast researcher, an effective storyteller, a team player and someone who’s familiar with digital content creation tools.
– Studies in at least one of the following fields: journalism, writing, communications, online content management
– 3 to 6 months experience working for a digital publisher or online publication
– Comfortable with Adobe Creative Cloud video software (Photoshop, Premiere, After Effects)
– Fluent in English and French
– Ability to learn quickly
Must be available to work 20 hours a week between 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. at our office in the Plateau. Position to start as soon as possible.
– Research new products to pitch for coverage
– Write scripts and articles
– Acquire media assets (photos, videos, quotes etc)
– Edit video based using an in-house template
– Distribute content on various platforms (our homepage, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc)
Email your résumé and a link to your reel to:
firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Junior video editor position” in the subject line.
Only candidates invited for an interview will be contacted. Please do not call.
For more information:
AskMen helps men become the best version of themselves. From comprehensive step-by-step guides that help readers understand tricky topics to annual blockbuster editorial events curated by men’s lifestyle experts, we provide no-nonsense advice that helps guys navigate the ups and downs of everyday life. Search-powered and influencer-driven, the AskMen content ecosystem is about helping readers make sense of a fast-paced world that expects great things from men — and expects them to look the part, too.