Imagine working for an exciting entrepreneurial company where employees are committed to meeting big challenges and making a real difference in their community. That’s Rogers! A leading communications and media company where people come to do great work.
Citytv Montreal is seeking a 2nd or 3rd year Journalism or Communications students to serve as the Breakfast Television & CityNews Interns for Fall 2019. The successful candidate will be a dynamic person with strong writing skills, understanding local news around them, basic knowledge of television production procedures and equipment, social media skills as well as a genuine interest in all things Montreal.
As our intern, you will join the team who prepares and delivers Montreal’s most entertaining and informative morning show and nightly newscast. You’ll work alongside our talented professionals, for a hands-on experience that will enhance your studies.
If this sounds like the challenge you are looking for, we look forward to meeting you.
• Write scripts and research segments ideas and stories;
• Assist with the research and production of topical ‘streeters’ to support current affairs segments;
• Prepare promotional materials to social media;
• Participate in the promotional events organized by and in support of Breakfast Television;
• Go out on the road with reporters and shadow, work together
• Help coordinate contesting and giveaways for viewers; and
• Other duties as assigned
• Be enrolled in the 2nd year (or beyond) of an undergraduate or graduate program in broadcasting, journalism, communications or other related fields;
• Be seeking a placement under a formal, credited internship program;
• Be available during the day, including early morning hours and when BT is live to air (6am to 9am) and day/evening shifts;
• Excellent command of written English and the ability to speak/read both official languages;
• Highly motived with proven multi-tasking and time management skills. Able to work in a fast-paced environment;
• Experience posting to various social media platforms; and
• Basic knowledge of video editing and TV production experience will be considered assets
How To Apply
Before August 7th, send a letter of interest along with your curriculum vitae including 2 references to:
Melanie.firstname.lastname@example.org indicating “BT & CityNews Montreal Internship” in the Subject field.