Concordia Stingers Football is looking to hire a videographer, to film practices and football games throughout the year (beginning in August 2019).
Applicants must be current undergraduate or graduate students at local area colleges, or recent grads with degrees relating to the fields of communications and videography.
The position will begin in August and continue until either the end of the fall semester, or through the entire academic year (based on availability). The videographer will work as part of the game-day video production team, operating technical equipment to produce quality game day footage for use by the Concordia Stingers Football Team.
The videographer will work during the pre-season training camp throughout the month of August, as well as football games and designated football practices throughout the season (September through November).
The videographer will receive technical training at the beginning of the season on proper operation of all the equipment, and will gain hands-on experience in video productions, game-day productions and sports broadcasting.
Average games are 5-7 hours (with setup and breakdown times).
- Film practices Tuesday through Thursday (4:30 pm – 6:30 pm) for the Concordia Stingers Football Team.
- Film games (all home games).
- Film August Training Camp – Availability & Schedule TBD
- Upload film and extract film clips from SD Cards; Import them to an video system for viewing (Assistant Coach will assist with training on extracting and uploading film).
- Must be a dependable person who can operate a HD video camera
- Must be in good physical condition; able to carry a camera up and down the stairs.
- Previous experience working with a HD video camera
- Willingness to learn on the job
- Work-study students are preferred
- Knowledge of the game of football