News is at the forefront of local digital and broadcast journalism in Montreal.
At CBC Montreal, we gather, produce and broadcast news in Quebec for CBC Radio, CBC Television and
We are currently seeking one intern for the Winter 2021 session, to work REMOTELY in Montreal with CBC digital and current affairs.
You will have the opportunity to gain practical experience at CBC in Montreal.
You will work as a junior member of the CBC digital team for 4 weeks. You will also work as a researcher on Daybreak (3 weeks) and Let’s Go (3 weeks ). You will learn how to pitch stories, write scripts, and write for the web.
Internship Application Process
• Letter of intent from the student. Why you want this position–what you will bring to the position–and how will you benefit.
•Two samples of your written work.
•One sample or audio or visual work
Application Deadline: November 13, 2020
Please email Nathalie.firstname.lastname@example.org
There is also an interview at CBC as part of the process.
• 160 hours of for credit service. Approximately 16 hours per week for 10 weeks DONE REMOTELY with CBC News Montreal.This amounts to 3 credits at Concordia.
• Note – Students undertaking these internships are not excused from classes or other courses
• This internship is offered under the JOUR 508 -Internship/Independent Study course, for a total of three credits. Students must obtain departmental approval to enroll in this program.
Candidate Selection Criteria
• Diploma Journalism student.
• Curious and critical thinker
• Passionate about journalism
• Strong work ethic: meeting deadlines, attention to detail, dedication, initiative, team player
• Strong writing and broadcasting skills
• Bilingual, English and French