Company: Breakfast Television
Category: Unpaid Internship
Job: Breakfast Television Montreal Intern
Deadline to apply: August 1, 2018
Duration: September to December 2018 / minimum 120 hours
City Montreal is seeking a 2 nd or 3 rd year Journalism students to serve as the Breakfast Television Montreal Intern for Fall 2018. The successful candidate will be a dynamic person with strong writing skills, basic knowledge of television production procedures and equipment, social media skills as well as a genuine interest in all things Montreal.
As our Breakfast Television Intern, you will join the team who prepares and delivers Montreal’s most entertaining and informative morning show. You’ll work alongside our talented professionals, for a hands-on experience that will enhance your studies.
- Write scripts and research segments ideas for the show;
- Assist with the research and production of topical ‘streeters’ to support current affairs segments;
- Prepare promotional materials and as directed by the Supervising Producer, post to social media;
- Participate in the promotional events organised by and in support of Breakfast Television;
- Help coordinate contesting and giveaways for viewers;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Be enrolled in the 2 nd year (or beyond) of an undergraduate or graduate program in broadcasting, journalism, communications or other related fields;
- Be seeking a placement under a formal, credited internship program;
- Be available during the day, including early morning hours and when the show is live to air (6 am to 9 am);
- Excellent command of written English and the ability to speak both official languages;
- Highly motived with proven multi-tasking and time management skills. Able to work in a fast-paced environment;
- Experience posting to various social media platforms;
- Basic knowledge of video editing and TV production experience will be considered assets
Before August 1st, send a letter of interest along with your curriculum vitae including two references to “Melanie.email@example.com” indicating “BT Montreal Internship” in the Subject field.
For more information: