Company: Cartoon Brew
Job: Associate Editor (Social)/Digital Manager
Remuneration: Salary based on experience
Deadline to apply: ASAP
Duration: Full-time, ongoing
CartoonBrew.com is looking for a Montreal-based individual who is comfortable working independently and would thrive on a small team. The person will be tech-savvy, exceptionally skilled, and highly motivated.
As an industry-leading publication with a small and dedicated staff, this position offers a chance to take part in all aspects of a media site with significant opportunities to grow. The Associate Editor/Digital Manager will enjoy learning new skills and building on their existing skill set, and they recognize the importance that small details play in the success of an editorial team. The individual should have the initiative to take ownership and move projects forward independently with minimal supervision, but know when to check in with stakeholders.
– Curate, create, schedule, and distribute e-newsletter;
– Curate, create, and schedule content for Cartoon Brew’s e-commerce initiatives;
– Oversee the growth and development of Cartoon Brew’s jobs platform, including outreach to studios;
– Prepare and schedule content for various platforms across Cartoon Brew’s social presence, and strategizing the growth of various channels;
– Set up ads on server and work with ad clients to ensure that ads are properly served;
– Be ready to jump in and help the editor-in-chief with extra work, that includes copy editing, conducting research, and transcribing;
– Additional duties and projects, as assigned.
– Full-time work (40 hours per week)
– Bachelor’s Degree in journalism, communications, or related field
– Highly organized with a keen eye for detail
– Excellent English communication skills, both verbal and written, and able to deliver copy to a high standard
– Adaptable in this swift-changing media landscape. Can multi-task and hit the ground running on new challenges
– Proficiency in (or at least some familiarity with): WordPress (or similar CMS), Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, Instagram, and Pinterest for Business, MailChimp (or similar email campaign platform), GoogleDocs; Google Analytics; Microsoft Word; Photoshop
– Knowledge (or interest) in animated filmmaking is a plus
The ideal candidate is at the start of their career in media and eager to apply their skills from college and past internships/entry-level positions at a company that covers a booming and fun creative industry.
Send an email to email@example.com with resumé, links to any writing samples, and a brief explanation of why you’re the right candidate for the job. Candidates considered will be hired on a temporary one-month contract and will be considered for a permanent, full-time position upon completion.
For more information:
Now in its 14th year, Cartoon Brew is the most widely read animation industry news resource, fueling the daily conversation about the evolving art and business of animation around the globe. Site topics include cgi, vfx, vr, video games, as well as tv series and theatrical films. The site prides itself on providing its readers with independent insights and in-depth reporting on the animation industry sector, while launching initiatives that bring value to the community, such as the educational platform CB-Ed, and the short film showcase CB Fest.