Company: The Jerusalem Press Club
Job: Paid Reporting Fellowship
Remuneration: Monthly allowance
Deadline to apply: Feb.10, 2018
Duration: Up to 3 months, starting June 2018
The Jerusalem Press Club is offering paid reporting fellowships at Israeli and international media outlets based in Israel. These fellowships are open to alumni of Graduate Journalism Schools with interest in international reporting.
The highlights of the internship
- $1,200 monthly allowance;
- First-week accommodation;
- Flight tickets;
- Assignment at an Israeli or international media outlet based in Israel;
- Weekly enrichment on the Middle East, Israel, and the Palestinian Territories, by JPC;
- The personal journalistic project, guided by an Israeli mentor.
A selection committee consisting of leading foreign correspondents will select the winning candidates for 2018.
Applications must include:
- CV (one-page maximum);
- 2 Letters of recommendation;
- One-page explanation: Why the applicant is a good candidate for such internship; why such reporting internship in Israel might contribute to the future professional career of the applicant; what stories the applicant would cover if he or she were journalists in Israel.
- Samples of journalistic works, if available. Specifying which work the applicant would prefer – broadcast, print, radio, online media etc.
Send applications no later than February 10th, 2018 to email@example.com
For more information:
The Jerusalem Press Club (JPC) is a private club where journalists and professionals from a variety of fields gather to meet, network, and dine with local and international thinkers, leaders and prominent news-makers.
Located in the historic Mishkenot Sha’ananim neighborhood, JPC is a gem in the modern city of Jerusalem. It is a home away from home for both foreign journalists residing in Israel as well as their visiting counterparts. Established just outside the Old City walls in 1860, Mishkenot Sha’ananim was founded by the great philanthropist Sir Moses Montefiore and for the last four decades served as a guesthouse and source of inspiration to creative spirits artists, scholars, and writers from around the world.
- Paid Winter 2018 Internship at La Scena Musicale
- “Reporter multiplateforme” Training and Internship
- Three communications positions at Genetec
- Freelance Content Writer – Apartmate
- Part-time reporter/researcher at The Lobby Monitor
- Junior Video Editor
- Associate Editor (Social) / Digital Manager
- Winter Internship for Students at International Print/Online Magazine
- Internship at a WebTV site dedicated to positive news and social engagement