Category: Independant Media
Job: Part–time volunteer editorial intern
Location: From Home
Deadline to apply: April 17, 2017 at 5 p.m. EDT.
Duration: May 2017 – August 2017, 10 hours per week
rabble.ca is currently seeking a part–time volunteer editorial intern for summer 2017 in its podcast network.
• mixing and hosting podcasts,
• recording events
• scouting material
• and conceiving promotional ideas for the network.
The intern will also take a lead role in the production of our newest program in the rpn.
The intern will have the opportunity to produce original material, apply your audio editing and production skills and receive training from a group of committed media producers and journalists at one of Canada’s most innovative media websites.
By the end of the internship, the intern will have a better understanding of podcast production and above all, a greater sense of how to make stories work for the ear.
The intern should be have:
• Familiarity with rabble.ca
• High level of responsibility, ability to meet deadlines and to work independently and with accuracy and attention to detail;
• Awareness of current affairs and of social justice movements;
• Experience working in a virtual environment preferable;
• A grounding in podcast/radio production, including editing and packaging shows with host commentary, intro and extro theme music and other production elements;
• Experience using Audacity or Audition editing packages, on either PC or Mac.
THE APPLICANT MUST SUBMIT:
Please send a resume and one–page covering letter describing your qualifications and why you’d like this position. Please note “rabble podcast network internship” in the subject line.
For more information, or to apply, please submit your resume to:
rpn executive producer Victoria Fenner c/o: firstname.lastname@example.org
As rabble operates in a virtual office environment, interns may be located anywhere in the country and will work from home. Your location is not important but your access to the Internet and ability to meet regularly by Skype or telephone is essential.
To recognize that interns are valued and appreciated, we offer a $500 honourarium following the successful completion of each internships.