Company: The Canadian Journalism Foundation
Deadline to apply: February 24, 2017, 11:59 pm EST.
The CJF Journalism award recognizes innovations that have a demonstrated impact in advancing the quality of journalism.
Innovation can come in a wide range of fields, including (but not restricted to):
- new formats for audiences;
- different operating procedures within a newsroom;
- new storytelling techniques;
- a new product produced by the newsroom;
- the design and/or introduction of new technology;
- distinctive reporting strategies and techniques;
- new ways of engagement with audiences;
- involvement of the community in the news process; and
- partnerships or team approaches to reporting and producing stories.
It is up to individual applicants to identify and explain the innovation being nominated.
While it could have taken more than a year from concept to implementation, the impact of the innovation must have occurred in 2016.
The winning news organization will receive a cash prize of $10,000,
THE APPLICANT MUST SUBMIT:
An online application at: http://cjf-fjc.ca/cjf_awards/innovation/
For more information, or to apply, please submit your resume to:
Please contact CJF executive director Natalie Turvey should you have any questions.