Company: Toronto Star
Category: Newspaper Organization
Job: Reporting Internship
Location: Toronto, ON
Deadline to apply: June 19, 2017
Duration: From September 2017 to September 2018.
The Toronto Star is looking for early-career journalists for our one-year reporting internship.
The ideal candidate should be:
• intelligent journalists with a strong work ethic, positive attitude and
• have a passion for journalism who bring energy, ideas and new perspectives to their work.
• strong reporting skills and the ability to work quickly and accurately are required.
If you are fluent in a language other than English, please include that information in your application.
A full, unrestricted Ontario driver’s licence is required. Applicants must have the legal right to work in Canada.
THE APPLICANT MUST SUBMIT:
• Cover letter: please include your email address, snail mail address and phone number. Make sure your contact details are on the first page
• Eight examples of your reporting
In that spirit, please write us a 50-word pitch on something you’ve seen – and that others may not know about – that you think would make a great story.
Note: Submit all requirements in one document. If part of your submission is multimedia,
Toronto Star One-Year Reporting Internship
Interns work with full-time staff in a challenging but supportive environment. All Star internships are paid, contract positions.
All submissions will be treated as confidential.