Category: National public radio and television broadcaster
Job: News Researcher Internship Paid
Deadline to apply: October 24th
Duration: 12 weeks during the summer 2017
CBC Montreal has an incredible opportunity to offer to a student who is graduating from the undergraduate program or diploma program in journalism. The intern will work for a summer in a dynamic newsroom that covers local news online, on television and on radio.
The successful candidate will:
• Check and follow up on story leads.
• Support the web desk by researching and fact-checking stories.
• In breaking news situations, pull in the latest info for the web desk and our social media.
Attend production meetings. Pitch story ideas/angles/digital treatment and possible guests.
• Research, gather, assess and check information on stories covered. Retrieve audio and visual clips and images as required.
• Recommend and contact interviewees. Conduct pre-interviews. Suggest interview questions and approaches.
• Prepare and present research. Write copy for the host.
• Set up shoots and interviews for journalists.
• Support guests who come to CBC with parking, pick-up, arrival times, etc.
• Record radio content and do rough editing.
• As needed, gather and sort comments from the public on line or on the street.
• Shot list tape and edit raw video.
• Photoshop pictures and create a photo gallery
• Be prepared to train to write stories for online and train as a reporter
The applicant should be a graduating Concordia journalism student (from the undergraduate program or diploma program).
THE APPLICANT MUST SUBMIT:
• A letter of intent (Why do you want to work at the CBC? Why do you think you would be a good fit for the newsroom?)
• Copy of your transcript
• One letter of reference from an instructor/professor
• Portfolio: You may submit one of each 1) Online writing (text-based); 2) Audio clip (under five minutes); Video clip (under five minutes); *Optional: Online multi-media (interactive, audio slideshow, etc.)
For more information, or to apply, please submit your resume to:
Please submit your application to Sandra Cochrane, Assistant to the Chair, Department of Journalism: firstname.lastname@example.org
CBC Montreal’s 12-week news researcher internship (summer 2017) pays 24.63$/hour.
Applicants selected for an interview will be contacted by the CBC.