Title: Audio Visual Production Intern
Reports to: Digital Communications Specialist
Position status: Internship
Compensation: For academic/course credit
Location: Montreal, QC
Start date: January 2015
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) Canada is seeking Audio Visual Production Intern to assist the work of the Communications, Fundraising, and Human Resources Departments as we increasingly engage with public audiences via online and social media platforms. The Audio Visual Production Intern will use their skills to help produce original content for distribution via web.
MSF is one of the world’s leading independent international medical relief organizations, working in more than 70 countries worldwide and with operational centres and national offices in 19 countries. We launch our operations in areas where there is no medical infrastructure or where the existing one cannot withstand the pressure to which it is subjected.
The Communications Department works with all other MSF Canada departments, and collaborates with other MSF offices around the world. The Communications Department provides production and support services to these partners, yet has its own objectives of achieving visibility by disseminating information about MSF across mass-media, on the web and via social media platforms. Increasingly, the Communications Department seeks to not only broadcast information, but to engage audiences in ongoing discourse related to humanitarian issues, current events, operational transparency, and organizational accountability. The Communications Department disseminates stories about returned field workers, as well as news stories, photos and videos from the more than 70 countries where MSF works.
DUTIES AND REPONSIBILITIES:
1. Produce a video web series “ MSF in a Minute”
• Work with the communications team and Digital Communications Specialist in production
• Research episode topic
• Source video and photo from Media Database
• Source audio
• Edit video
• Draft headline and descriptions
2. Help with various communication video tasks
• Import video
• Upload content to web
• Film and set up during productions
3. Help with various AV tasks for other departments
• Task may include editing small videos, creating GIFs out of video projects, ect.
Education and experience
• College or University student in Communications, journalism, design, video productions or other related fields.
• At least 1 year experience in audio-visual production
• Experience researching subjects using the internet
Skills and competencies
• Excellent communication and negotiation skills (oral and written);
• Fluency in English essential and French very desirable.
• Video & photo editing (Adobe Creative Suite, Final Cut Pro, Photoshop), audio recording and editing, digital graphic design.
• Self-starter, ability to work independently, yet participate in inter-departmental teams
• Familiarity with concepts of humanitarian aid, emergency medical relief, and international development studies, international relations, political science an asset.
INFORMATION AND APPLICATION:
Interested candidates with relevant qualifications are invited to submit a letter of motivation and CV, including 3 professional references, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only electronic applications will be accepted. Please include position title in the subject line.
The deadline for applications is December 28th, 2015, 5:00 PM EST.
Note: Applicants who have questions regarding accommodation and accessibility can send questions/concerns to email@example.com or call 1-800-982-7903 ext: 3454