Come join an award-winning news operation
Our editorial department is currently seeking Multi-Media Producers who possesses unique capabilities to collaborate with reporters, editors and developers to produce compelling journalistic packages for multiple platforms. You are expected to create, post and update digital content tailored to specific platforms including data visualizations, timelines, searchable databases, maps, and other interactive graphics, as well as handle text, photos and to act and perform on and/or off camera to director interviews. You will vigorously pursue all daily and longer term reporting assignments received from Supervising Editor (s), by gathering content, analyzing, verifying and creating clear, concise, user-friendly text, images, graphics and video as per assignments.
You will be required to monitor social media and actively use social media platforms for content creation, promotion and audience engagement. Regular engagement in community in person and through comments, email, blogs, Twitter and other social media is required.
You possess the following qualifications:
• Post-secondary journalism accreditation or equivalent experience
• Demonstrated experience creating interactive maps, charts, timelines and other vizualizations.
• Advanced ability with Excel, Access, mapping software and Google’s data tools.
• Experience with web-scraping and data-visualization tools.
• Excellent research, critical-thinking and problem-solving skills.
• Proficiency with Twitter, Facebook, Reddit, Tumblr and other social media platforms.
• Interpersonal and communication skills; ability to self-direct and work as part of a team.
• Able to work a variety of shifts, including evenings, nights and weekends — under deadline pressure.
• Must understand importance of customer service and project a professional public image.
• Valid Driver’s license and passport
• Passionate about journalism, storytelling, data, and design.
If you are searching for a challenging, exciting career opportunity, look no further! We invite you to submit your resume (quoting job title in subject line) to the attention of:
Human Resources, Winnipeg Free Press
1355 Mountain Avenue
Winnipeg, Manitoba R2X 3B6
We thank all applicants for applying; however only those under consideration will be contacted.